|Of course, the first thing you have to be concerned about is your physical injuries and whether they will be permanent. Depending on the severity of your injury, you may require specialised care for the rest of your life.|
However, in other instances, you may have an expectation of partial or
full recovery, but the medical expenses and time off work can be financially devastating regardless of the positive prognosis.
If you are unable to continue your profession or provide for your family,
it’s likely that your greatest concern is how to provide for your family’s
needs right now and in the immediate future – especially if your medical needs have increased and your physical capabilities have been significantly compromised.
If your family’s life has been impacted by a spinal... Read more
LEGISLATION protecting farmers from compensation claims by hillwalkers is set to be introduced before the end of this year.
Speaking on RTE's This Week programme, Minister Michael Ring said that the State Claims Agency, not individual farmers, should defend cases taken by hillwalkers who injure themselves on private mountain land.
He indicated that a new indemnity scheme would be introduced before the end of the year.
Source: Connaught Telegraph...
The mum-of-two told The Sunday Mirror that she hadn't received a personal apology from Philip - and was instead read a bizarre 14-word statement by a police liaison officer.
Emma was reportedly told by Royal aides to "keep quiet more than ten times", and had to wait three days for an apology.
She revealed she was considering legal action after docs told her she could be forced off work for TWO months.
She said: "I think he should be treated the same as anyone else. How could you say no to prosecuting him if he's broken the law?"
“It has been such a traumatic and painful time and...
The Duke of Edinburgh has escaped unhurt after the car he was driving was involved in a crash close to the Sandringham estate in Norfolk.
Police were called to the scene of a collision involving 97-year-old Prince Philip on Thursday. Witnesses told the BBC the Land Rover being driven by Philip had overturned after pulling out from a driveway on the A149. He was helped out of the car by witnesses and was reportedly conscious but very shocked and shaken.
The palace would not confirm if he was alone in the vehicle at the time of the collision. The other car involved was a Kia and its female driver and passenger were treated in hospital and later discharged. Norfolk police said: “The female driver...
A woman who alleged she was tripped at a Spin Roller Disco by an unidentified child, who put its leg out in front of her as she walked through a crowd, has been awarded €25,000 damages against the company running the event. Barbara Thomas, a 44-year-old executive officer, told Circuit Court President, Justice Raymond Groarke that as a result of the trip she had fallen and suffered a fractured thumb and whiplash-type injuries as a result of hitting her head against a wall. She sued Spin Roller Disco Limited, Spin Building, Walkinstown, Dublin, alleging that the incident had been caused by the negligence and breach of duty of Spin Roller Disco which, she claimed, had failed to implement a proper safety regime against the risks posed by a crowd of inadequately supervised...Read more
Two Dublin children, who were sprayed with petrol and fumes at a faulty fuel pump when they were aged four years and 21 months respectively, have been awarded almost €75,000 damages against Tesco Ireland Limited.
Barrister Hugh B Byrne told the Circuit Civil Court that Harvey Ring, now aged 11, and his brother Zachary, now aged eight, were with their mother at the Tesco filling station at Clarehall, Malahide Road, as she attempted to put petrol in the family car.
The boys sued Tesco Ireland Limited through Ms Ring, of Ridgewood Avenue, Forest Road, Swords, Co Dublin, who also told Circuit Court President Mr Justice Raymond Groarke in a sworn statement that Zachary, who had been asleep in the back of her car, had also...
The High Court has awarded more than €1m damages and interest to a group of Portuguese workers who claimed they lived in “terrible conditions” at a “work camp” provided by his former employers when they were building a section of the N7 motorway in 2007 and 2008.
The award was made by Justice Carmel Stewart who said the workers were “treated appallingly by their employers”.
Noting that the workers had been working in Ireland for periods up to two years the Judge said that “it beggars belief that their ordeal could have lasted for so long”.
The 20 workers claimed they were underpaid while working for three Portuguese companies, called the RAC Eire Partnership, that were contracted to construct the section of motorway between Limerick...
A schoolboy who was knocked down as he walked across a level crossing at a retail park with his father has settled his High Court case for €100,000.
Dylan Duffy's counsel, Vincent Foley SC, told the High Court the car drove "straight through" the zebra crossing at Carrickmines Retail Park, Co Dublin.
The boy, who was seven years old at the time, was knocked unconscious, Counsel said.
Counsel said while the boy regained consciousness quickly, he remained confused for the next 24 hours, and that Dylan was taken to hospital but he did not suffer any brain injury and remained in hospital for a few days.
Counsel said the boy suffered a fracture to his collarbone...
A man who suffered injuries to his shoulder, hip and knee after he tripped at the entrance of where he worked has been awarded over €66,000 in damages by the High Court. The award was made by Mr Justice Denis McDonald in favour of Mr Colie Conneely, who the judge said suffered "a very nasty injury" following a fall that occurred at the entrance of the Thermo King factory in Galway on 17, 2014, when he was returning from lunch. Mr Conneely claimed he tripped after his foot struck a lip between the top of a paving slab and the top of an adjoining concrete channel next to the entrance to the factory building. He had worked at the factory for more than 30 years. The Judge said he was satisfied that the...Read more
The High Court has approved a settlement of €5.9m in the case of a man who went blind because of mistakes in his medical treatment. Brendan Doyle, 49, had a mild disability since his birth but had lived almost independently with some supports. However in June 2011 a shunt to drain fluid from his brain became infected and was removed at Beaumont Hospital. He was discharged home without the shunt being replaced. As a result, his condition deteriorated and he lost his sight. His lawyers told the High court the tragic consequences of the error was that he is now totally blind. They said Mr Doyle had been able to cope reasonably well with his pre-existing disabilities but this was "the final straw". He had to move out of his accommodation and live in a nursing home which he...Read more