House Sales, Purchases & Tenancies

They say moving home can be one of the most stressful times of your life; we say it doesn’t have to be.

If you have a home for sale, our experienced conveyancing department provide a fast, friendly and efficient service.

Whether you are buying or have a home for sale, we provide a quotation at the beginning of the transaction to cover all legal costs.

For a quotation please request a call back, send us a confidential email or call us now.

First Time Buyers

If you are Buying a Property? You need the best advice and our first time buyers package covers all the legal areas of buying your first home.

House Sales, Purchases & TenanciesO'Brien Ronayne Solicitors have many years of experience of dealing with first time buyers has lead to the development of our First Time Buyers’ Package.

This package covers all the legal areas of buying your first home and also gives you advice on managing mortgages and bills going forward. We will guide you through the process of buying your first home and we provide a personal and friendly service to our first time buyers.

Take the first step in buying your first home and for more information about House Sales, Purchases & Tenancies - click here to get your copy of our First Time Buyers Package.

Residential Leases/Co-Ownership Agreements

logo-prtbIf you are a landlord or a tenant it makes sense to have a clear concise lease in place. We can help with the small print and advise you on the Private Resident Tenancies Board's (PRTB) requirements and obligations.

The following properties are excluded from the requirement to register with the Private Residential Tenancies Board (PRTB).

  • Business premises
  • A dwelling to which Part II of the Housing (Private Rented Dwellings) Act 1982 applies (i.e. formerly rent controlled dwelling occupied by the ‘original tenant’ or his/her spouse).
  • A dwelling let by a local authority or voluntary housing body.
  • A dwelling occupied under a shared ownership lease.
  • A holiday let
  • A dwelling in which the landlord is also resident.
  • A dwelling in which the spouse, parent or child of the landlord is resident and there is no written lease or tenancy agreement.

Registering with the PRTB

You have one month to register your rented residential property with the residential tenancies board.

You should download a PRTB1 form from and ensure that the following information is included in the PRTB1 form:

  • The address of your rented residential property.
  • Your name address and PPS numbers. If you have authorised agents their address and PPS numbers must also be included.
  • The number of occupants in your property.
  • The name and Personal Public Service Number (PPSN) of your tenant(s).
  • A description of your property including the number of bed spaces.
  • The date the lease commenced.
  • The amount of rent payable and payment intervals.
  • This form must be signed by you or your authorised agent and all the ten­ants.